Friday, May 23, 2014

Outdoor Furniture Upcycle

We saw this set of outdoor chairs and a table at a salvage yard.  They had nice retro lines, but were in bad shape. The plastic table round was cracked.
I clipped off all the old vinyl straps and washed them.

I then sprayed painted each one of them. That took forever. We were able to buy a roll of new vinyl. And following the directions from the company, we cut the strips, heated them up in hot water, stretched them, and attached them back to the chair (we did have to buy some new clips), as well as cussed at them.  I covered the cracked table round with tan vinyl (from my fabric stash). But they turned out really nice, and it's a great place to have dinner on these lovely desert evenings.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm certainly very happy to read this blog site posts which carries plenty of helpful data, thanks for providing such information.
    adirondack plastic chairs

    ReplyDelete