Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweatshirt Conversion

I love Project Runway, it's so creative. I wish I had unlimited funds so I can buy custom, unique clothes.  But alas, I can't afford it and don't know anything about construction. So when I feel a creative urge, I look to repurpose something, so I chose one of Scott's old sweatshirts.

And after some cutting, sewing, etc.  I came up w/ this.
  1. Cut the sleeves to the desired length.  I also cut off the bottom band and used the wider band as cuffs for the sleeves.
  2. Cut off the neck, pretty deeply.
  3. I then gathered the neck, this took some doing so I zig-zagged to make sure it didn't shift.
  4. Cut the front in half for the zipper. I have the wrong zipper (closed and not long enough), so I reversed it so it would zip up.
  5. I think I need to finish the bottom, either with a black band or some sort of black trim, so the zipper doesn't look floating.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment