Saturday, April 11, 2015

Fun Concrete Pots

Click here to see my source of inspiration, as well as some tips and hints.
Above are my supplies.  I used the paintbrush to apply Vaseline to the inside of those three pots. Then while wearing my gloves, safety glasses, and face mask, I mixed the cement into the bucket with the water.  I poured the cement into the pots, shaking it, and taping the sides to help w/ air bubbles, which I don't really mind, makes it look more cement like.  Then after about 5 minutes, I placed the cups to make the wells.

I kept pressing the cups, but you could put rocks in them to keep them down. The cement gets hot. 
After about 20 minutes, I put the pots between some newspaper and then cracked them with a hammer, and then took off the broken green pot form. They were drying really fast and looks like some cracks were forming, so I misted them and put them under plastic. Look at the cool brush strokes from the Vaseline.

I sanded them and it takes out the rough edges and the cracks.  The top is a before picture the bottom is after I sanded it.

I added some white sand to help stabilize the air plant.

Somebody should have cleaned the windows!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment