Monday, January 2, 2012

Baby Quilts

I wanted to make a set of quilts for an upcoming shower. I was inspired by Sweet Softie Play mat to create a play mat. I used ripstop nylon for the bottom so that it can be used at a park, beach, campsite, emergency diaper changing pad, etc. But I didn't want to quilt through the nylon, mainly because it would probably be too slippery to run through my machine. So to quilt the top layer onto something, I bought prequilted fabric, and then used basting spray to attach the top fabric to the prequilted layer. Then nmachine quilted the two together, just in lines following the fabric. I attached the nylon fabric around the edges only, then sewed on the binding. Pretty simple.

The quilt is a simple nine patch, machine quilted.






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment